Humidity is a natural phenomena that is beneficial most of the time, but if it exceeds a certain level, can create many problems. And if you’re among those who get allergies, then you at least know one of these issues that can get miserable sometimes. High humidity levels are the ideal condition for mildew, dust mites and mold to flourish. If you have enough of suffering from this kind of allergies, a good dehumidifier can contribute to lessen the pain in several ways. In this post I will cite some benefits of having a dehumidifier.
Can Humidity Cause Allergy ?
As I pointed out earlier, a humid environment helps thrive some allergy triggers like mold, mildew and dust mites. This is the case for both people living in a humid climate, or they just happen to live in a house or apartment which tends to be more humid than usual.
Itchy, water eyes, sneezing, wheezing, stuffy nose or difficulty breathing are all examples of reactions allergy triggers. Allergies related to mold are also one of the contributors to childhood asthma, which, if not dealt with, can weaken children who develop it at a young age in addition to the high costs related to this disease at an early age.
What Are the Benefits of a Dehumidifier ?
There are many benefits to having a dehumidifier in your home, apartment, basement, or work space.
1. They run in the background to deal with humidity while you’re living your daily life. Make sure to pick one of the quietests. Most people can’t even notice it.
2. Dehumidifiers reduce humidity levels in your home which makes it less welcoming to mold, mildew and other airborn allergens.
3. Your clothes are also safe from harm as dehumidifiers will reduce the possibility that mold grow on them as well as furniture and other linens.
4. These devices help reduce bad odors related to mold and mildew in your home.
5. Dehumidifiers allow you breath comfortably and also can reduce irritation to your skin.
6. Because humidity will decrease in your home, your clothes will dry faster. Also, your cereals and breads can now remain fresh for a longer time without drying out.
7. A dehumidifier also helps cutting your energy bills as it allows the air conditioner to run more efficiently. This is because the air conditioner won’t have to remove moisture from the air when it’s humid and will only execute the cooling function. This means it will do less effort and therefore won’t consume much electricity. This division of tasks will also prevent the A/C from wearing out sooner.
Recommended dehumidifier : Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70-Pint Dehumidifier